Queen Mary Theme Circle
One picture worth a thousand words? Please view the Queen Circle Image (below); then return to this page, scroll down, and see remarks that “de-code” the image.
In concert with framing this entire “Queen Issue” as part and parcel to the idea of Long Beach becoming “Silicon Beach”, what follows “decodes” the Circle.
1.The Bulls Eye Center Point – Call this the “Core of the Mission
This is the absolute ‘inner core” of Queen Mary operations and must remain so. The Digital Age opens enormous opportunities to make her “The Brightest Star in the Maritime Galaxy”.” While this starts with a close relationship with the National Maritime Museum, (U.K), the biggest boost comes by adding WOW technology — rocket fuel to take the Queen ‘way high up’ in the Maritime Sky. (Paid for by WOW vendors anxious to display their stuff on the biggest, brightest platform in the world.)
- Ring 2 (Next to the “Bulls Eye”) – The “Entertainment Ring”
Presently the Queen provides a warm, wonderful setting – and a Big Stage for weddings, special events, historical exhibits, fine dining, romance and music plus first-class staterooms – magnet and glue for good love-making, good deal-making.
- Ring Three: “Arts, Auctions, Awards”
.All of this will benefit the visitor’s experience, increase room revenues, add publicity and multiply return rates by double (or more?)
- Auctions aboard the Queen provide a showcase for “Treasures” plus optimum sale prices for their owners. Our estimate is that if a major Auction House would hold auctions 4-6 times annually, commission revenues would be somewhere between $500k and $1 million.
- Awards – ipso facto: — the size of the stage is a large determinant to the ‘weight’ and ‘luster’ of the Award . The Queen’s stage is ‘larger than the Titanic’. This is a made-in heaven opportunity to draw top-performing youngsters – with parents, friends and family. It works just as well to reach – leaders from the not-for-profit arena. (Big egos go for this kind of thing!)
- Ring Four: “An Oasis for Collaboration, Inspiration & Enterprise”
No less than the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Walter Issacson, Founder to the Aspen Institute, gives scholarly weight to gatherings where people of intellect and enterprise meet.
- “The Luminary Rooms”: 350 Staterooms, each one dedicated to a “Luminary” – in Exploration, Navigation, Science, Invention. Medicine. (Columbus, Einstein, Gutenberg, Salk). If sleeping in the Lincoln Room leaves a lifetime memory, what is the magnitude of sleeping in a Luminary Room surrounded by 349 other such Rooms?
‘In the Digital Age, what things are not possible?’